A large freehold premises was needed with either a room suitable for a large Temple or sufficient adjoining land onwhich to build one and Bro Florence Turner, a member of Lodge Unity No.3, offered to purchase a suitable building, if found. The search was long and difficult, if the building was good the situation was not but finally, at the meeting of Lodge Unity No. 3 on 10 March 1924 The Grand Master, MostWorshipful Bro Marion Lindsay Halsey, announced that a deposit had been paid on a house in Notting Hill Gate – this was 27 Pembridge Gardens, one of a number of large domestic dwellings built in the mid-1850s by the Radford family. Originally leasehold, the freehold was bought by William Radford in 1860 and then subsequently sold to a Mr Herbert Pott, gentleman of Wimbledon, in 1914. The last tenant of the property, Mrs M J Paterson, having died in or around 1924, the house was, conveniently for the Order, put on the open market.
The foundation stone for the Temple was laid on 2 July 1924 by Most Worshipful Bro Marion Halsey using a silver trowel now displayed in the library at No. 27. The work was completed quickly and by the end of 1924 the new Temple was finished. It was duly Consecrated on 20 January 1925 in a ceremony incorporating prayers specifically written for the occasion and much of the ceremonial one would see in the Consecration of a new Lodge.